- The “Menjections” Trend: Injectables on the Rise Amongst Men
- Rising Stars in the World of Non-Invasive Plastic Surgery
- Ultherapy: Everything You Need to Know about the Latest Anti-Ageing Trend
- Did You Know You Can Create a More Feminine Neckline with Anti-wrinkle Injections?
- A Beginners Guide to Photo Facials
- follow us
Redness Rosacea and Restoring the Skin
Redness and rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that affects millions of people. Rosacea is a vascular disorder that can arise in the centre of the face, around the eyes, cheeks and even sometimes neck or chest areas. The condition can be conducted by hyperactive oil glands, hormonal changes also genetics will play a part.
Redness and Rosacea – symptoms
Rosacea symptoms can flare up in response to various triggers such as heat, sun exposure, certain foods which are spicy, extreme cold or heat exposure, stress and even cosmetics. The symptoms can be evident as mild or severe flushing, general redness and an appearance including dotted small bumps we call papules.
Redness and Rosacea – how to maintain the disorder
Unfortunately, there is no known cure for rosacea, depending on the severity effective skin care and treatments regimes can be used to effectively prevent the problem from escalating and help to address the symptoms.
- Topical creams with anti-inflammatory ingredients such as salicylic acid, retinaldehyde which promote skin integrity and sea buckthorn fruit oil, zinc, green tea, aloe vera, red and brown algae assist in soothing the skin irritation. This will strengthen the skin’s natural barrier, improve it’s function and help control inflammation.
- Sun protection – a sunscreen with zinc oxide will give the skin good physical and environmental protection. We recommend Hydra Shield SPF30 by Aspect or Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen SPF50
- Mineral Make-up – by using pure mineralized formulas products don’t clog pores or exacerbate existing skin conditions Colorescience are formulated with high levels of zinc, titanium and light reflective minerals.
- Getting familiar with what triggers your rosacea. Keeping a record of what you are doing or using each day may help with the process of elimination.
- Skin strengthening and calming treatments on a regular basis will assist in keeping the skin less red and inflamed.
Redness and Rosacea Restoring the Skin- treatments
The better the quality of the epidermal and dermal layers the higher the response to treatments, so a medical grade skin care regime at home is always a good start. Depending on whether the condition is mild or moderate there are treatment options:-
– Medi-facial treatment for hypersensitive skins to assist with strengthening and calming
– IPL (intense pulsed light) pulses of light target the blood vessels that are responsible for the redness in the skin, by doing this the light treats the area. Reducing redness and improving the surrounding quality and tone of the skin. With both our topical and treatment approaches our ultimate goal is to restore the skins health and keep the impaired barrier at its optimum health
Please call 1300 437 758 for a professional skin assessment with our Dermal Therapist